Resident Managerís Monthly Report for January 2002
Aloha from Makena Place. The new year is bringing us much needed rain and lots of progress. January has been another busy month at Makena Place, due to the return of residents, the closing of Unit 9, the Duc home, the punchlist work on 7 & 9 and work progressing on Units 1, 2, 4 and 10.
Unit 1 has been stuccoed and is in the process of having the bluestone mounted around the first floor and the drywall sealed. Unit 2 has nearly completed the framing process. Lot 3 is having the pool pump house constructed and is about to have the pool dug. Unit 4 has the drywall completed and the painting and tiling should begin this week. Unit 7 is still in the punch list phase with only minor finishing work being done. The residents, John and Marilyn Duke have moved in. Unit 10 has most of the roof tiled and the exterior stuccoed. If you would like to see photos of the progress visit the web site (www.makenaplace.com) and click on any of the Lot numbers at the top of the home page.
Enclosed please find an official Annual Meeting notice along with the financials and any mail that needs forwarding. The meeting package will be mailed with next monthís report. The annual audit is in progress and will be reported on at the meeting.
There have been many inquiries about the proper address for Makena Place. Since Makena has no Zip Code unto itself we are considered by the post office to be part of Kihei. To avoid confusion you should use the following address:
4950 Makena Road
<Unit Number> (This is the same as your lot number)
Kihei, HI 96753
There is no need to put Maui in the address. If you are sending
a package you can send it care of me, Doug McBride. If you are mailing
something to the Association, the office unit number is 12. The Managerís
residence is 11.
January tasks completed:
· Continued web site updates weekly.
· Scheduled window cleanings for Units 9, 5, 6 and 7.
· Met with Landscaping foreman, Jeff Bantilan, about necessary improvements.
· Worked out bugs in alarm system for Units 7 and 9.
· Facilitated delivery of boxes and artwork for Units 8, 5, 7 and 6.
· Scheduled the punch list repairs for Unit 7.
· Fixed broken sprinkler heads at Unit 1.
· Made bank deposits, paid bills, etcÖ
· Facilitated car maintenance for Units 6 and 5.
· Continued daily, weekly and monthly tennis court maintenance.
· Finished annual tennis court dead clay removal.
· Washed down Makena Place road with fire hose and pressure washer weekly.
· Began annual audit.
· Copied necessary keys for Units 5& 7.
· Spread snail bait around property.
· Fixed hammock at Unit 5.
· Purchased pump for removal of stagnant water on property.
· Facilitated installation of needed drain along end of Unit 5 driveway.
· Facilitated maintenance of pool/spa heater at Unit 7.
· Had gas company test pressure.
· Dealt with tile problem at Unit 6.
· Facilitated TV cable upgrade for Unit 6.
· Cleaned Unit 6 sunshade.
· Paid quarterly taxes.
· Negotiated proposal to clear Unit 1 view obstruction with Makena Surf.
· Adjusted Unit 7 garage door sensors.
· Replaced aging queen palms with Royal palms.
· Facilitated insurance inspection of Unit 9.
Also, the community gate operation is as follows: If visitors select your name at the gate and push the call button, your home phone will ring. After verifying the visitorís identity simply push the number 9 on your touchtone phone and the gate will open. I hope you will all be able to attend the Annual Meeting in March. To watch our progress at Makena Place please visit our web site. If you have any special requests please let me know. Feel free to contact me by phone (808-891-0999), fax (808-875-7498) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).